1. Walk your speak. Is there associate intersection between what you say and what you truly do? Nothing is additional irritating than a deceiver. It’s the alternative of greatness.
2. If you create a promise, keep it. Sounds straightforward, doesn’t it? really, it’s rarer than you may assume. the key is to create solely commitments that area unit manageable and realistic, and keep them—consistently. language you’ll deliver the massive project very first thing tomorrow sounds smart, however your hero standing can quickly fade if you can’t come back through.
3. Do sweat the little stuff. (Or a minimum of concentrate thereto.) Pay shut attention in conferences and interactions with others and keep thorough notes on things which will be necessary later.
Example: will your consumer have a allergy he mentioned in passing? basic cognitive process this for future dinner conferences shows him you'll be sure with detail-intensive comes.
4. arrange for the worst. although things go in step with arrange ninety nine of the time, the opposite a hundred and twenty fifth will very get you into hassle. fastidiously assume through any obstacles which may arise and lay the groundwork for improvements in the future.
5. Align yourself with the opposite “greats.” Cultivate relationships with them. divorce yourself from the not-so-greats around you.
6. invariably act as if somebody is look you. it's going to sound just like the same warning you provides a kid before faculty, however it applies to you, too. Even company homeowners ought to work like they need a boss sitting within the area taking notes for successive analysis. In alternative words, use some time sagely, meet deadlines, and don’t do.
7. Surround yourself with folks that don’t assume such as you. Challenge yourself to create friends and acquaintances with the folks that gives inspiration and no negativity.
8. Be well-known for your integrity. Your mother was right: Honesty is that the best policy. Integrity could mean owning up to a blunder or admitting a failure, however it conjointly means that the individuals around you'll rely upon you for transparency. which goes a protracted approach within the business world.
9. apprehend once to provoke facilitate. Being nice doesn’t mean that you simply have all the answers all the time. a giant a part of greatness is recognizing it in others, and knowing once their experience is additional economical than your own.
“Asking for assistance is not a proof of weakness,” says Jones. “It’s a proof of intelligence.”
10. browse a minimum of six books a year. begin annually by creating an inventory of books you wish to browse from all totally different genres and topics, as well as a couple of you wouldn’t ordinarily think about selecting. By the tip of the year you may have expanded your horizons.
11. Keep your curious spirit. As kids, we have a tendency to were inquisitive about everything within the world around us: however do things work? Why do individuals act a particular way? Interest spurred the queries that grew into abundant of your business information. The minute you think that you recognize it all is that the minute you close up the door on your pursuit of greatness.
12. Be a risk-taker. Taking the simple route is safe and positive, however it seldom ends up in greatness. Success isn’t reaching to come back to you whereas you’re sitting lazily. therefore go against the grain.